For 30 years the SR has given bass players a modern alternative. With its continued popularity, Ibanez is constantly endeavoring to answer the wider needs of a variety of players, at a variety of budgets. But no matter what the specs, the heart is the same-SR continues to excite with its smooth, fast neck, lightweight body, and perfectly matched electronics.
- SR4 / 5-Piece Maple & Walnut Neck
- Nyatoh Body
- Jatoba / White Dot Inlay Fretboard
- Medium Frets
- Accu-cast B120 Bridge
- 19mm String Spacing
- PowerSpan Dual Coil Neck Pickup (Passive)
- PowerSpan Dual Coil Bridge Pickup (Passive)
- Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-Band EQ w/ 3-Way Power Tap Switch
- Cosmo Black Hardware
- Accu-cast B120 Bridge: The B120's extra-wide string slots can accommodate even the heaviest of gauges. The walls and channels of the new bridge plate effectively "trap" the saddles, ensuring perfect directional uniformity.
- PowerSpan Dual Coil Pickups: Developed by Ibanez, the exposed pole pieces of the PowerSpan Dual Coil pickups produce a stronger signal and increase the response of the higher frequencies without sacrificing low end. The result is a tone rich in harmonic detail and dynamic expression
- Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-Band EQ w/ 3-Way Power Tap Switch: The 3-band EQ works in conjunction with a coil tap switch for maximum control over a wide variety of professional bass tones. Tap Mode (single coil) creates a punchy, dynamic sound with superior articulation. Series Mode (humbucking) delivers a full, warm tone, and Power Tap Mode provides the best of both worlds-combining the clarity of the single coil with the fat bottom end of the humbucker.
- Jatoba Fretboard: Jatoba has a reddish brown color which produces a rich mid range with a crisp high end.