Take the Stage by Storm
As an electric guitarist in the '80s, if you wanted to play acoustic on stage there were few options available. In 1987, Yamaha made the first acoustic guitar that could be taken from a guitar rack, plugged in and played at volume, problem free; no more howling feedback, misplaced mics or dreaded extended sound checks.
The APX600 and APX600FM models feature a unique undersaddle piezo pickup, the Yamaha proprietary SRT transducer featured in the highly-acclaimed A Series range, a natural tone and the feedback rejection and mix-friendly sound guitarists crave.
Although its style has evolved, the essence of the APX remains the same. Today, it boasts a more natural look, a deeper body for better bass response and greater volume and a scalloped bracing pattern for responsive, dynamic tone.
The APX600 combines all the attributes that made its predecessor, the APX500, one of the world’s best-selling, acoustic-electric guitars, along with a few comfort and cosmetic upgrades.
- Thinline Cutaway Body
- Spruce Top Material
- Locally-Sourced Tonewood** Back & Side Material
- Locally-Sourced Tonewood** Neck Material
- Rosewood Fingerboard & Bridge
- Urea Nut & Saddle
- Black ABS with White Dot Bridge Pins
- Die-Cast Chrome (TM29T) Tuners
- Ivory + Black Body Binding
- ABS + Abalone Sound Hole Inlay
- Gloss Body Finish
- Matte Neck Finish
- SYSTEM65 + SRT Piezo Pickup Electronics
- Controls: Vol / 3-Band EQ / Tuner / Mid FQ
- LINE OUT Connection
** To minimize waste and support sustainable procurement, various species of tonewoods are used based on availability