The same Real Easy Book, Level 1 used by school jazz ensembles world-wide now includes:
- Three-horn arrangements of each tune
- Separate pages for each horn player
- Parts simple enough for beginning players, but which create fuller, much more interesting performances.
- The new parts are written in a limited range to be playable by a variety of instruments.
- Each tune now includes harmony parts for the melody, background parts behind soloists, ensemble 'shout choruses,' etc.
- 172 pages of fun and rewarding arrangements by pianist/arranger/author Larry Dunlap.
The easiest tunes from Horace Silver, Eddie Harris, Freddie Hubbard, Red Garland, Cannonball Adderley, Sonny Rollins, Cedar Walton, Wes Montgomery and more!
Get yourself — or your beginning jazz combo — sounding good right away with the first fake book ever designed for the beginning improviser:
- Easy, but classic jazz tunes give the student a good start in learning the jazz repertoire. See the complete tune list below.
- Sample piano voicings, guitar chord diagrams, sample bass lines and useful scales for improvisation are included with each tune, for easy reference.
- Developed and road-tested for years at the Stanford Jazz Workshop's summer jazz camps. It works!
- Each song will sound good played in rock, funk or Latin styles, as well as swing.
- Perfect for individual students of all ages, as well as jazz combos.
- Satisfaction guaranteed!
- C, Bb, Eb and Bass Clef versions available!